Bill Butcher Bio
A former FBI agent, Bill Butcher is an entrepreneur, having started up and sold several businesses since leaving the Bureau. He has been a licensed private investigator in North Dakota for many years operating W.T. Butcher & Associates, Ltd. as the bedrock of his business ventures. He performs as a consultant with a variety of corporations and organizations requiring investigative expertise and has valuable sources nationwide and throughout the world to facilitate investigations as required.
Bill is currently affiliated with several professional organizations including:
Career highlights include:
- Chair of North Dakota Private Investigation & Security Board, 2007-2016;
- Regional Director for National Council of Investigation and Security Services (NCISS), 2010-2014;
- North Dakota state director and lobbyist for the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), 1998-2008;
- President of AdMed, Ltd. and its subsidiaries, Butcher Testing Services, Ltd. and ChemReview, Ltd., all providers of a broad range of drug testing services nationwide, January 1991 through December 1994;
- Owner, operator and seller of court reporting, private security, and repossession businesses, 1985 through 1994;
- Designated a Certified Fraud Examiner by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, 1991;
- Former independent petroleum landman;
- Special Agent in the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) specializing in fraud, discrimination, crimes committed on Indian reservations, and acting as liaison between the Bureau and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) in Saskatchewan;
- Active duty service as an officer in the US Navy, top secret clearance, qualified as Officer of the Deck underway and attained the rank of lieutenant; and
- Bachelor of Arts degree in economics and psychology from Albion College in Michigan, with post-graduate study in business at Washington DC’s American University.
Bill, who is a member of Bismarck's Farwest Rotary Club and sings with the Bismarck Mandan Elks Mens Chorus, currently serves as vice-chair of the USS North Dakota and the USNS City of Bismarck Committees and the Bismarck Area Sigma Chi Alumni Chapter. He has served as president or chair of various local, state and national music, civic and sailing organizations. He has been cited by the US Navy Recruiting Command as the outstanding member in a 20-state region.